|by verizon voyager on July 20th, 2009|
Rumor. Rumor. Rumor…. That is what this is. But rumors are sometimes true (and always fun) and when they include a laundry list of new phones our attention becomes undivided. The following mid-range phones have been tipped off as “coming soon” from a PhoneArena tipster who they mention has previously been right about such rumors (for whatever that is worth!). Here is the list consolidated neatly by BGR:
- LG Chocolate Touch VX8575 – Full touchscreen, might be like the BL40
- BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 – October-November release
- Nokia Shade 2705 – Replaces the Mirage 2605
- Nokia Twist 7705 – This might be the swivel-style phone that has been rumored for months.
- Palm Treo 800W – “Even though this was released for Sprint last year, Verizon may not have it out until February 2010.”
- Motorola Entice (or Harmony) W766 – Replaces the W755
- Samsung Rogue U960 – Replaces the Glyde U940, expected in August
- Samsung U450 – Verizon Mobile TV-compatible
- Samsung Strut U440 – QWERTY handset
- Samsung Omnia-II i920 – Due out by Christmas
- Motorola V860 – PTT
- Samsung Convoy U640 – PTT
- Casio Rock C731 – PTT
- Casio Brigade C741 – PTT
The LG Chocolate Touch would be a nice surprise and given the recent release of the enV3 and enV Touch it makes perfect conceptual sense. I’m not sure how many people will risk the house on the Storm 2 but that is on the way and we’ve also got our eyes on the Nokia Twist with an interesting swivel form factor. Any of the other models interest you or catch your eye?
There go the flood gates with all the mid-range phones about to drop!